The controversial and great songwriting talent, Keri Hilson is featured in Clutch Magazine, an online urban publication that features the latest in hip hop, R&B, and pop culture. Keri talks about how she feels about her album and how she wants it to be empowering to women.

Keri (on her album): "‘I’d love for people to be able to listen to this album and be like ‘wow, I can talk about this with my girls or I can come out of this situation stronger,’ she said. ‘They’ll get to see someone who also made the mistake of making Mr. Wrong into Mr. Right…I just really want women to be able to relate to it and know that it’s okay to embrace your vulnerabilities and insecurities," she reveals.

Ryan Leslie, the man who helped Cassie literally become an overnight sensation is also spotlighted. Clutch Magazine highlights Leslie's path to success as well as his accomplishments, including his latest achievement, his self titled debut album.

“The album is actually self titled and I did so because the artists that always inspired me have always been the type like a Stevie Wonder or Prince who were self contained. They were the writers, producers, the songwriters, performers, everything …for me this album represents my version of an artistic expression in that vain. I am the writer producer, arranger, performer, and I recorded all the records myself.”

To read this interviews in their entirety, visit Clutch Magazine Online.

2 Comments:

  1. The Honest Ones said...
    How is Keri Hilson controversial? I'm curious?
    Ms.L said...
    She has been in a lot of press as far as her remix of "Turnin Me On" because of the lyrical content (which are believed to be stabs at Ciara and Beyonce).

Post a Comment




 

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/lalanicole